Harness the power of outdoor recreation to drive place-based economic development and create vibrant, healthy communities
Building Outdoor Communities is a half-day intensive workshop on October 29, bringing the content from the Conference home and helping communities actually implement the concepts covered throughout the Conference.
Build Your Team
This program is designed for community teams, typically between 3-8 people, focused on strengthening their places through outdoor recreation. Whether you’re planning a mountain bike park, boosting Main St. businesses with outdoor tourism, activating a recently built greenway, or wanting to retain young families – this track is designed for you.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE PASSES. Make sure to select the ‘Conference Pass + Outdoor Communities Track’ ticket option.
Day One at Outdoor Economy Conference
(Crowne Plaza in Asheville, NC) 8:30am-5pm
- Outdoor Recreation Driving Vibrant Communities
- A Continuum of Outdoor Recreation Opportunities
- Activating Your Outdoor Community: If You Build It Will They Come?
Day Two at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
(Mills River, NC) 9am-1pm
- Planning & Visioning
- Outdoor Recreation Capacity Building
- Show Me The Money! Finding Project Funding
- Practitioner Input on Your Community’s Projects
If you need additional information or assistance in registering your team, please contact Noah Wilson at [email protected] or 914-309-5495.