Building Outdoor Communities Track
Harness the power of outdoor recreation to drive place-based economic development and create vibrant, healthy communities
Build Your Team
This program is designed for community teams, typically between 3-8 people, focused on strengthening their places through outdoor recreation. Whether you’re planning a mountain bike park, boosting Main St. businesses with outdoor tourism, activating a recently built greenway, or wanting to retain young families – this track is designed for you.
Building Outdoor Communities passes include access to the Outdoor Economy Conference (Oct. 10 at Crowne Plaza Resort in Asheville) plus the following half-day intensive workshop (Oct. 11 at Sierra Nevada Brewing in Mills River).
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE PASSES. Make sure to select the ‘Conference Pass + Outdoor Communities Track’ ticket option.
Day One at Outdoor Economy Conference
(Crowne Plaza in Asheville, NC) 8:30am-5pm
- Outdoor Recreation Driving Vibrant Communities
- A Continuum of Outdoor Recreation Opportunities
- Activating Your Outdoor Community: If You Build It Will They Come?
Day Two at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
(Mills River, NC) 9am-1pm
- Planning & Visioning
- Outdoor Recreation Capacity Building
- Show Me The Money! Finding Project Funding
- Practitioner Input on Your Community’s Projects
If you need additional information or assistance in registering your team, please contact Noah Wilson at [email protected] or 914-309-5495.